Keurig 2.0 comes with newly developed innovative technology and has acquired a positive rating globally since it delivers silky and swift coffee in a matter of seconds. These brewers were launched in 2014, and after a few years, they were discontinued.
Keurig 2.0 comes with a touchscreen Display. However, many Keurig machine owners complained about the sudden issue with Keurig 2.0 touch screen not working properly. The issue is mostly dim, black, or lines running through the machine. Some customers have also reported broken screens on Keurig 2.0
Unfortunately, there is not as exact information available to solve these issues, so I have done extensive research to find out the right solution. So, keep reading to learn how.
Read the review of Keurig k Elite – An excellent alternative to the Keurig 2.0 series
3 Quick ways to fix the Keurig screen not working
Usually, the most common Reason for the Keurig touch screen not responding is a software issue. This problem can easily be countered by resetting the machine or simply restarting the machine.
- Reset the machine
- Clean the display
- Run a water-only brewing cycle
- Seek Keurig costumer support
1) Reset the Keurig Machine
The primary step starts with resetting the machine. This will solve the software issue that causes the touch screen to malfunction
- Unplug the machine
- Remove the water tank.
- Let the machine unplugged for 5 to 10 minutes
- Plug the machine again and press the power button
- Place the water tank back
Hope this will solve the problem.
2) Clean the Display
If resetting the machine doesn’t work for you, try cleaning the touch screen of your Keurig machine. This simple fix appears to have worked for some Keurig owners.
All you need is to turn off the machine. Wipe the screen with a soft cloth or paper towel dampened with some cleaning agent or water. Make sure to clean the screen thoroughly because sometimes dirt and dust can get caught within the screen, preventing the Keurig screen from working properly.
3) Run water only brew Cycle
- Remove and clean any K-cups in the machine. Wipe the pod holder down gently with a damp paper towel.
- Plug back the machine and close the lid.
- Even if the screen is blank, press the bottom right corner.
- You’ll notice water starts to bubble up.
- Once the bubbling sound stops it indicates that the preheating is finished.
- Press the Keurig button and open and close the lid.
- Again touch the bottom right corner of the screen and press the Keurig button again.
- The hot water will start dispensing from the machine.
- Once the dispensing is finished, lift the lid up and leave it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Unplug the machine and close the lid after 3 minutes.
- Leave the machine unplugged for 1 to 2 minutes
- Repeat the steps again one more and hopefully the touch screen of your Keurig will start working properly.
You can watch the video for complete guidance.
How to Fix Blank or Broken Keurig Touch Screen | One more tip
Check the LCD screen if your Keurig screen is not working properly. The reason might be the connection of your LCD screen becoming loose. Here is a step-by-step guide on troubleshooting the Keurig screen.
- With the help of a screwdriver, remove two screws (140 mm screws) that are located on the lower side of the chamber lid. Also, remove the top black housing of the Keurig coffee maker which surrounds the screen.
- With the help of a screwdriver, remove the 140 mm screws that connect the top of the Keurig with a silver hand machine.
- To explore the machine, remove the front silver handle located on the upper side of the machine.
- Open the snaps that are holding the LCD screen with the brewer with a metal spudger. ( be careful as these snaps are fragile and might be prone to leakage)
- Lift the top black housing to detach it from the coffee maker.
- You must make the panel’s front end totally free. You can do this by removing a black latch that links the frame to the front end of the panel and is positioned near the black wire.
- Detach the white modular. This is used to connect the LCD screen to the circuit board’s wires. By gently squeezing the sides and pulling them around, you can remove it.
- Plug the white modular back properly and see if the screen has started working or not. If yes, That’s Great! If not, then might be the screen is damaged and you have to replace it.
Contact Keurig Customer Support
If none of the above steps helps in fixing the issue, you need to contact Keurig customer support to seek professional help. If you have registered your machine and it is still under warranty, they will assist you in solving this problem free of cost.
Don’t worry if your Keurig 2.0 touchscreen isn’t working; you’re not alone! We’ve guided you through no of the steps to fix the problem in this blog article.
We hope this information helps you in resolving your Keurig 2.0 touchscreen issue. If the screen is still not working then contact Keurig support or seek help from a technician.
How do I contact Keurig customer service?
Contact Keurig customer service by phone at 1-866-901-2739 or by email at [email protected].
How long do Keurigs last?
Keurig machines usually last for about 3 to 5 years. If you maintain your Keurig and regularly clean and descale it, you can extend its lifespan.
Related Keurig Articles: