Keurig is a highly conventional coffee machine known for delivering excellent performance in the world of coffee. They are designed by keeping functionality in mind and brewing a perfect coffee shot at the push of a button. This technology is really great until it starts to stop working properly.
Keurig 2.0 comes with a touch screen Display. However, many Keurig machine owners complained about the sudden issue with Keurig 2.0 touch screen not working properly. The issue is mostly dim, black, or lines are running through the machine. Many other customers also experienced an issue with broken screens on Keurig 2.0
Unfortunately, there is not as exact information available to solve these issues, so I have done an extensive research to find out the right solution. So, keep reading to learn how.
What is Keurig 2.0?
Keurig 2.0 comes with newly developed innovative technology and has acquired a positive rating globally since it delivers silky and swift coffee within a short period of time. Additionally, Keurig 2.0 coffee machines come in a variety of combinations, including carafe pods, stronger brews, and K-cup pods.
These coffee machines have incredible features and allow you to drink barista-style coffee in the comfort of your own home. Furthermore, when compared to Keurig 1.0, their features are more advanced.
In Keurig 2.0, you can explore alternative coffee brewing methods, such as the unique carafe pods with K Carafe functionality.
Additionally, the bigger brewer size of the Keurig 2.0 makes it a perfect choice for large families, regular coffee lovers, and small cafés.
How to Fix Keurig 2.0 Touch Screen not working (3 steps)
Normally the most common Reason for the Keurig touch screen not working is a software issue. This problem can easily be counter by resetting the machine or simply restarting the machine. However, if these steps don’t resolve the problem, then there might be some serious issues with the machine. You should contact Keurig customer support to seek professional help in this case.
- Reset the machine
- Clean the display
- Run water only brewing cycle
- Seek Keurig costumer support
Step-1: Reset the Keurig Machine.
The primary step starts with resetting the machine. This will solve the software issue that causes the touch screen to malfunction
- Turn the machine off.
- Simply remove the water tank.
- Wait 5 minutes before reconnecting the machine.
- Turn on the power.
- Replace the water reservoir in its previous spot.
- The pod holder can be opened and closed.
Step-2: Clean the Display
If resetting the machine doesn’t work for you, try wiping down your screen. This simple fix appears to have worked for some Keurig owners.
All you need is to turn off the machine. Wipe the screen with a soft cloth or paper towel dampened with a cleaning agent (Lysol or Windex). Clean the edges of the bevel where it meets the screen. Dirt and dust can get caught within, preventing the Keurig screen from working properly.
Step-3: Run water only brew Cycle
- Remove and clean any K-cups in the machine. Wipe the pod holder down gently with a damp paper towel, but be careful to avoid touching the needle.
- Plug the brewer in and close the lip.
- Even if the screen is blank, press the bottom right corner. You’ll notice water starts to bubble up.
- Press the Keurig button once the water has stopped foaming.
- Close and open the lid. Re-press the Keurig button. Start dispensing hot water from the machine.
- When you’re finished, keep the lid open for 3 minutes.
- Unplug the machine and close the lid after 3 minutes. Allow 1 minute before turning on the machine.
- Repeat the steps again if the touch screen still not working
You can watch the video for complete guidance.
Contact Keurig Customer care Support.
If none of the above steps helps in fixing the issue, you need to contact Keurig customer support to seek professional help. If you have registered your machine and it is still under warranty, they will assist you in solving this problem.
How to Fix Broken Touch Screen on Keurig 2.0?
Check the LCD screen if your Keurig screen is not working properly. The reason might be your LCD screen is faulty. Therefore, you may need to replace it, and here is a step-by-step guide on removing the Keurig screen.
Step By Step guide
- With the help of a screwdriver, remove two screws (140 mm screws) that are located on the lower side of the chamber lid. Also, remove the top black housing of the Keurig coffee maker which surrounds the screen.
- With the help of a screwdriver, remove the 140 mm screws that connect the top of the Keurig with a silver hand machine.
- To explore the machine, remove the front silver handle located on the upper side of the machine.
- Open the snaps that are holding the LCD screen with the brewer with a metal spudger. ( be careful as these snaps are fragile and might be prone to leakage)
- Lift the top black housing to detach it from the coffee maker.
- You must make the panel’s front end totally free. You can do this by removing a black latch that links the frame to the front end of the panel and is positioned near the black wire.
- Separate the white tab. This is used to connect the LCD screen to the circuit board’s wires. By gently squeezing the sides and pulling them around, you can remove them.
- Now, finely remove your Keurig 2.0’s touch screen panel. You can reassemble your smartphone or replace the screen by following these procedures in reverse order.
How to fix a blank Keurig screen?
Fixing this issue is pretty easy. All you need is to follow these steps.
- Unplug the machine
- Wait for it for around 30 seconds.
- Connect it to the power supply
- Choose the menu and adjust the clock to the correct time if you see the digital image of the power button. Otherwise, proceed to the *starred step below.
- In the various menu settings, you can reset your personal preferences.
- Return to the home page.
- Take hold of the brew handle.
- A prompt to start a new brew should now appear.
If the power button does not display when you plug your brewer in, follow these steps:
- Make sure the outlet is operating properly by plugging in another household item and testing it.
- Try connecting the brewer to a different power source.
With this functional touch screen, you’re well on your way to a freshly brewed K-Cup® coffee! If these instructions fail, don’t worry; Keurig brewers have a great warranty, and if you’re within a year of purchase, you’ll almost certainly get a new one!
Don’t worry if your Keurig 2.0 touch screen isn’t working; you’re not alone! We’ve guided you through no of the steps to fix the problem in this blog article. We hope you were able to get your machine up and running again with our guidance, whether it was a simple software issue or something more serious.
We hope this information helps you in resolving your Keurig 2.0 touch screen issue. Please feel free to leave any further questions or comments in the box below.
Most Frequently Asked Question
How do I contact Keurig customer service?
Contact Keurig customer service by phone at 1-866-901-2739 or by email at [email protected].
Keurig coffee makers are convenient and simple to use, but they lack reset buttons, which makes the process a little more difficult. Fortunately, the most basic method for resetting Keurig’s — unplugging it for an hour or two — most frequently works! Your Keurig may need to be descaled if you’re still having problems
Why is my Keurig touch screen not working?
Try disconnecting and re-plugging your Keurig 2.0 brewer if the display is blank. Check to see whether the problem has been resolved. If your Keurig 2.0 touch screen is still not working, prepare for some troubleshooting.