There are three basic things you need to brew a perfect French Press Coffee cup. Coarsely ground coffee beans, a French press jar, and hot water.
The water temperature is a significant factor in preparing a perfect cup of French Press coffee.
You can heat the water either on the stovetop or with the electric kettle. There are plenty of different types of electric kettles available in the market.
You can differentiate these electric kettles for french press based on their size, i-e, how much water they can accommodate, the material of construction, i-e, metal or glass, other features such as temperature control, auto shut off, and power usage.
In this article, we have researched and rounded up 6 different electric kettles available in the market that are perfect for French Press. If you are going to look for an electric kettle by yourself, you will find thousands of models, and you will get confused in choosing the best one for you. We have listed only those kettles, which we have checked personally and have good customer reviews.
Why should you buy an electric kettle for the French press?
You can heat the water on the stovetop, so the question is why you should buy an electric kettle for French Press coffee?
- Using an electric kettle for making a French press coffee makes the process of heating water much easier and faster.
- Some electric kettles have a temperature control feature. For brewing a perfect cup of French Press coffee, the ideal temperature is 195 to 205 degrees below the boiling point of water. You can only boil the water on the stovetop; you can’t achieve the perfect temperature for brewing tea or coffee precisely.
- Electric kettles are portable; you can easily keep them in your room or office and brew a cup of coffee whenever you need them. So, you don’t need to go to the kitchen every time you need a cup of coffee.
6 best electric kettle for french press | A Quick Overview
|My choice||My choice||Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp||
||view on amazon|
|Also best||Also best||Breville BKE820XL IQ Kettle||
||view on amazon|
|Exquisite design||Exquisite design||COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle||
||view on amazon|
|Most advanced features||Most advanced features||Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Gooseneck Kettle||
||view on amazon|
|Economical choice||Economical choice||Mueller Ultra Kettle||
||view on amazon|
|Economical choice||Economical choice||COSORI Speed-Boil Electric Kettle||
||view on amazon|
Best stainless-steel electric kettle for French Press
Stainless steel electric kettles are available in the market with different features, but they all share one thing in common: they all make a great cup of French Press Coffee.
1. Cuisinart CPK-17 Electric Kettle
Perfect for the everyday coffee drinker, the Cuisinart CPK 17 has a 1500-watt boiler that heats the water quickly and evenly.
|Dimensions||8.8 x 6.1 x 9.7 inches|
- This kettle has 6 different heating presets. Choose 160 degrees for delicate tea, 175 degrees for green tea, 185 degrees for white tea, 190 degrees for oolong, 200 degrees for the French Press, and choose boil water if you want to boil the water.
- It has a special keep warm function which will keep the water at preset temperature for 30 minutes after heating it.
- Cuisinart CPK-17 has a user-friendly glass window with marks on it. So, you can easily measure the water you want to pour into the kettle.
- It has a specially designed concealed heating element which prevents mineral buildup inside the kettle.
- This kettle has a very user-friendly interface with six buttons for temperature control, one to open the kettle, one to keep warm function, and one to start the kettle.
- It has a special water filter that is easily removable and washable.
- The kettle will automatically go to sleep mode after five minutes of inactivity; this helps save power.
Customers are very much satisfied with this product. I am using this electric kettle by myself. And I have to say that it is the quietest electric kettle I have ever used.
It is pretty quick; it heats the water to 200 degrees for French Press in 4 to 5 minutes. And it has a very user-friendly interface.
The one bad thing about this kettle is that the letters printed on the buttons wear off very quickly.
No doubt this kettle is the best option among all.
2. Breville BKE820XL IQ Electric Kettle
Ideal for busy lifestyles, the Breville IQ electric kettle is a stylish and convenient way to make great-tasting tea and coffee.
|Dimensions||7.3 x 7.2 x 9.7 inches|
- The Breville IQ electric has five different preset temperatures. 175 degrees for the green tea, 185 degrees for white tea, 195 degrees for the oolong, 200 degrees for the French Press, and boiling water for black tea. So whatever type of tea or coffee you want to brew with an only single touch.
- Keep warm function keeps the water warm for 20 minutes after heating.
- It has a Cordless kettle with an exquisite design that looks very exquisite in your home, kitchen, or office.
- This kettle has a Special removable filter that is easy to wash.
- The kettle has water level indicators and measuring marks on both sides.
The older model of this kettle was not BPA-free, and the good news is you can easily replace the older model with the new BPA-free model.
Customers are very much satisfied by this product as it much quieter, easy to use, has a cordless and elegantly designed jug.
The only problem with this electric kettle is that it gets very hot on the outside, so don’t try to touch the kettle; only hold it with the handle.
Best gooseneck electric kettle for French Press
The gooseneck electric kettles are trendy, and the reason behind their popularity is their unique design. Gooseneck electric kettles are perfect for brewing French Press coffee. It heats up quickly, heats up evenly, and heats your coffee to the perfect temperature, giving you a perfect cup of joe every time.
3. COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle
Enjoy your morning cup of coffee or tea with this stylish Gooseneck Kettle from Cosori. You’ll love the compact design that easily fits on any countertop. The Gooseneck feature allows for a much more stable pouring technique.
|Dimensions||12.13 x 9.41 x 7.95 inches|
- Cosori Electric kettle has five preset temperatures. 170 degrees for the white tea, 180 degrees for the green tea, 195 degrees for the oolong, 205 degrees for the French Press coffee, and boiling water for the black tea.
- Keep warm function of this kettle keeps the water at a specified temperature for 60 minutes.
- This kettle is made of 100% stainless steel, free of any kind of plastic.
- This kettle gets automatically turned off when the desired temperature is achieved, and it also has a boil-dry feature with which it gets automatically turned off when there is no water in it.
- Cosori claims that you will never face a problem of leaking (we usually do with other electric kettles), no matter for how long you use it because of its unique design.
Customers are really happy with this electric kettle because of its compact and easy to pour over design. The water heats up quickly in it in just 3 to 5 minutes and has a very simple interface.
The only problem with this kettle is that it’s very small. It can only heat 0.7 liters of water at a time.
4. Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Gooseneck Kettle
The new fellow stagg EKG kettle is the perfect tool for brewing at home. This kettle features a stainless-steel gooseneck spout, allowing precise and easy pouring. It lets you control the exact temperature of your brew so that you can make perfect coffee every time. This compact unit is sure to become a staple in your kitchen or office.
|Dimensions||10.91 x 9.61 x 9.21 inches|
- This electric kettle is 100% stainless steel and has a very aesthetic design.
- You can select any temperature in the range of 135 degrees to 212 degrees. So, brew a perfect cup of French Press coffee by setting your desired temperature.
- Fellow stagg electric kettle claims to be fastest among all the competitor kettles. It can heat your water in 3 to 4 minutes with its powerful 1200 watt heating technology.
- This kettle steadily maintains the temperature of water for 60 minutes with special PID controllers when the toggle is on HOLD mode. When the toggle is not on hold the kettle automatically turns off.
- This kettle has a special LCD display panel that precisely displays the current water temperature.
The customers are very pleased with this kettle; the best thing about this kettle is that you can easily preset your desired temperature anywhere in the range of 135 degrees to the boiling point of water. The design of this kettle is also very sleek, and it is very easy to pour over and handle.
This kettle is more expensive than the others. But its modern design, LCD panel, and ease of use surely justify the price.
Best glass electric kettle for French Press
The glass electric kettles are cheaper than the metal and gooseneck electric kettles. These glass kettles are also best for brewing a perfect cup of coffee. And the best thing about glass kettles is that you can visualize the heating process.
5. Mueller Ultra Electric Kettle
The Mueller Ultra Kettle is a modern electric kettle made of high-quality borosilicate glass and has ultra-fast boil time. It is designed to provide the best possible quality for your tea and coffee.
|Dimensions||9.84 x 7.87 x 1.57 inches|
- Mueller ultra kettle is made up of borosilicate glass and has a premium and long-lasting design.
- This kettle has a high-quality and very fast thermostat that boils your water in a matter of minutes and automatically turns off in 30 seconds after boiling the water.
- This kettle has a unique anti-slip grip handle that never gets hot.
- Scales are mentioned on the glass body of this kettle for the precise pouring of water.
Customers are satisfied with this electric kettle as it is a cheaper option and made of a material that does not contaminate the water. It boils the water quickly and fast, perfect for making a cup of French Press coffee.
The bad thing about this kettle is that there are not many options available for temperature control; you can only boil the water in it in this kettle. There is no temperature indicator, and it has no keep warm function. But in this price range, no doubt it’s the best electric kettle.
6. COSORI Speed-Boil Electric Kettle
COSORI’s Speed-Boil Electric Kettle is a fantastic addition to any kitchen or office. Boil water in just a few minutes with this elegant and stylish product.
|Dimensions||7.3 x 9 x 11.7 inches|
- Cosori speed boil electric kettle is made of special borosilicate glass, which keeps your water warm and fresh.
- This kettle boils the water in minutes and automatically turns off after 30 seconds of boiling of water.
- This electric kettle is completely dishwasher safe and very easy to clean.
- The kettle is cordless, so you can easily pour the water.
The customers are pleased with this kettle as it’s made of completely BPA-free material, which keeps the water fresh and safe. This is a very cheap kettle and has a very elegant design.
You can’t control the temperature in this kettle also, but it’s justified in this price range.
Want to keep your French Press hot for longer? Read a review of the best stainless steel Insulated French Press coffee maker
What to look for while buying an electric kettle for French Press
So here are a few factors you should look for while buying a perfect electric kettle for your home or office for brewing a perfect cup of French Press coffee.
Always check the material of the electric kettle before buying. If it contains plastic in it, surely you don’t want to buy it as plastic when coming into contact with hot water is very dangerous for health.
Borosilicate glass and stainless steel are completely fine for health and keep the water fresh.
All the kettles reviewed above are entirely free of BPA material, and you can buy a kettle of your choice without any doubt.
You must consider the capacity of kettles before buying. If you have to make more than 4 to 5 cups of coffee, you must consider the kettle with more than 1 liter.
If you buy a kettle just for personal use, then a 0.6 -0.8 liters kettle is fine for you.
You can find the kettles with different capacities in the list above.
It would be best to consider the power of the electric kettles before buying. The electric kettle you are going to buy must have an auto shut-off feature, which turns it off automatically after the water reaches the desired temperature.
This feature not only helps you to save electricity but also protects the electric kettle from getting damaged.
All the kettles mentioned above have auto shut-off feature, and the power usage of all the kettles is in the range of 1200 to 1500 watts.
It’s the most obvious factor among all everyone considers the price of an item before buying it.
If you are looking for a cheap electric kettle, then a borosilicate glass electric kettle is the best one.
But if you can handle slightly higher prices, you must buy Cuisinart CPK-17 or Cosori gooseneck kettles as their features completely justify the price.
Best electric kettle for French Press | Our recommendations
I have been using Cuisinart CPK-17 Electric Kettle for three years, primarily for making French Press Coffee. It heats the water precisely to 200 degrees which is considered the best temperature for making a delicious cup of french press coffee.
I have never faced a problem with this machine in three years. It works pretty well after that much period of time. It never leaks, it’s very quiet, and it works very fast.
So if you are looking for my choice, I will surely recommend you to go with CPK-17.
How do you use an electric kettle for making french press coffee?
Many kettles have a temperature setting for French Press coffee in the range of 195 to 205 degrees.
So, if your kettle has this feature; it’s best. Just press the button and the water will be ready for brewing a perfect cup of French Press coffee in a few minutes.
If your kettle doesn’t have temperature settings, just boil the water in the kettle and wait for a little so that the temperature of water drops to the ideal and temperature and then you can brew your coffee.