There are three basic things you need to brew a perfect French Press Coffee cup. Coarsely ground coffee beans, a French press jar, and hot water.
The water temperature For French Press is a significant factor in preparing a perfect cup of coffee.
Best Kettle For French Press | Our Verdict
Cuisinart CPK-17P1 Electric Kettle (Best Choice)
- Stainless Steel Electric Kettle with 1.7 liters capacity.
- 1500 Watt heating element with extra fast heat-up time.
- Convenient and easy to use with pre-programmed buttons
Mueller Ultra Kettle (Best Economical Choice)
- Borosilicate glass Electric kettle with 1.8 liters capacity.
- 1500 Watt heating element with fast heat-up time.
- Most affordable choice.
You can either use the stovetop or the electric kettle to heat the water. A wide range of electric kettles is available on the market.
These electric kettles for french press can be differentiated based on their size, i-e, how much water they can accommodate, the material of construction, i-e, metal or glass, and other features such as temperature control, auto shut off, and power usage.
Why should you buy an electric kettle for the French press?
You can heat the water on the stovetop, so the question is why you should buy an electric kettle for French Press coffee.
- Using an electric kettle for making a French press coffee makes the process of heating water much easier and faster.
- Some electric kettles have a temperature control feature. For brewing a perfect cup of French Press coffee, the ideal temperature is 195 to 205 degree which is below the boiling point of water. You can only boil the water on the stovetop; you can’t achieve the perfect temperature for coffee precisely.
- Electric kettles are portable; you can easily keep them in your room or office and brew a cup of coffee whenever you need them. So, you don’t need to go to the kitchen every time you need a cup of coffee.
If you are also looking for grinders for French Press. Then check our guide on the Best coffee grinder for French Press
6 best electric Water kettle for french press
|My choice||My choice||Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp||view on amazon|
|Also best||Also best||Breville BKE820XL IQ Kettle||view on amazon|
|Exquisite design||Exquisite design||COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle||view on amazon|
|Most advanced features||Most advanced features||Fellow Stagg EKG Electric Gooseneck Kettle||view on amazon|
|Economical choice||Economical choice||Mueller Ultra Kettle||view on amazon|
|Economical choice||Economical choice||COSORI Speed-Boil Electric Kettle||view on amazon|
1. Cuisinart CPK-17 | Best Steel French Press Kettle
Perfect for the everyday coffee drinker, the Cuisinart CPK 17 has a 1500-watt boiler that heats the water quickly and evenly.
|Dimensions||8.8 x 6.1 x 9.7 inches|
- The kettle has 6 different heating presets: 160 degrees for delicate tea, 175 degrees for green tea, 185 degrees for white tea, 190 degrees for oolong, 200 degrees for French presses, and boil for boiling water.
- It comes with a special keep warm feature that keeps water at a preset temperature for 30 minutes after heating.
- This Cuisinart kettle has a user-friendly glass window with marks on it so that you can measure the water easily.
- It has a specially designed concealed heating element that prevents mineral buildup inside the kettle.
- This kettle has a very user-friendly interface with six buttons for temperature control, one to open the kettle, one to keep warm function, and one to start the kettle.
- It has a special water filter that is easily removable and washable.
- The kettle will automatically go to sleep mode after five minutes of inactivity; this helps in saving power.
Customers are very much satisfied with this product. I am using this electric kettle by myself. And I have to say that it is the quietest electric kettle I have ever used.
It is pretty quick; it heats the water to 200 degrees for French Press in 4 to 5 minutes. And it has a very user-friendly interface.
The one bad thing about this kettle is that the letters printed on the buttons wear off very quickly.
No doubt this kettle is the best option of all.
2. Breville BKE820XL IQ | Steel Kettle For French Press
Ideal for busy lifestyles, the Breville IQ electric kettle is a stylish and convenient way to make great-tasting tea and coffee.
|Dimensions||7.3 x 7.2 x 9.7 inches|
- The Breville IQ electric has five different preset temperatures: 175 degrees for green tea, 185 degrees for white tea, 195 degrees for the oolong, 200 degrees for the French Press, and boiling water for black tea.
- It has a keep warm function that keeps water hot for 20 minutes after heating.
- This Cordless Kettle has an exquisite design that will look very attractive in any home, office, or kitchen.
- This kettle has a Special removable filter that is easy to wash.
- The kettle has water level indicators on both sides for precise pouring.
Customers are very much satisfied with this product as it is much quieter, easy to use, and has a cordless and elegantly designed jug.
The only problem with this electric kettle is that it gets very hot on the outside, so don’t try to touch the kettle; only hold it with the handle.
3. COSORI Electric Kettle | Best Gooseneck Water Kettle for Frenc Press
Enjoy your morning cup of coffee or tea with this stylish Gooseneck Kettle from Cosori. You’ll love the compact design that easily fits on any countertop. The Gooseneck feature allows much more stable pouring.
|Dimensions||12.13 x 9.41 x 7.95 inches|
- Cosori Electric kettle has five preset temperatures: 170 degrees for white tea, 180 degrees for green tea, 195 degrees for the oolong, 205 degrees for French Press coffee, and boiling water for black tea.
- The keep-warm function of this kettle keeps the water at a specified temperature for 60 minutes.
- This kettle is made of 100% stainless steel, free of any kind of plastic.
- This kettle gets automatically turned off when the desired temperature is achieved, and for ultimate protection, it has a boil-dry feature which gets automatically turned off when there is no water in it.
- Cosori claims that you will never face a problem of leaking (we usually do with other electric kettles), no matter how long you use it because of its unique design.
Customers are really happy with this electric kettle because of its compact and easy-to-pour design. The water heats up quickly in it in just 3 to 5 minutes and has a very simple interface.
The only problem with this kettle is that it’s very small. It can only heat 0.7 liters of water at a time.
4. Fellow Stagg EKG | Gooseneck French Press Electric Kettle
The new fellow Stagg EKG kettle is the perfect tool for brewing at home. This kettle features a stainless-steel gooseneck spout, allowing precise and easy pouring. It lets you control the exact temperature of your brew so that you can make the perfect coffee every time.
|Dimensions||10.91 x 9.61 x 9.21 inches|
- This electric kettle is 100% stainless steel and has a very aesthetic design.
- You can select any temperature in the range of 135 degrees to 212 degrees So, brew a perfect cup of French Press coffee by setting the temperature in the range of 195-205 degrees.
- Fellow Stagg electric kettle claims to be the fastest among all the competitor kettles. It can heat your water in 3 minutes with its powerful 1200-watt heating technology.
- This kettle steadily maintains the temperature of water for 60 minutes with special PID controllers when the toggle is on HOLD mode. When the toggle is not on hold the kettle automatically turns off.
- This kettle has a special LCD display panel that precisely displays the current water temperature.
The customers are very pleased with this kettle; the best thing about this kettle is that you can easily preset your desired temperature anywhere in the range of 135 degrees to the boiling point of water. The design of this kettle is also very sleek, and it is very easy to pour over and handle.
This kettle is more expensive than the others. But its modern design, LCD panel, and ease of use surely justify the price.
5. Mueller Ultra | Most Affordable French Press Kettle
The Mueller Ultra Kettle is a modern electric kettle made of high-quality borosilicate glass and has an ultra-fast boil time. It is designed to provide the best possible quality for your tea and coffee.
|Dimensions||9.84 x 7.87 x 1.57 inches|
- Mueller ultra kettle is made up of borosilicate glass and has a premium and long-lasting design.
- This kettle has a high-quality and very fast thermostat that boils your water in a matter of minutes and automatically turns off after 30 seconds of inactivity.
- This kettle has a unique anti-slip grip handle that never gets hot.
- Scales are mentioned on the glass body of this kettle for the precise pouring of water.
- It’s the most economical electric kettle for French Press under 30 dollars
Customers are satisfied with this electric kettle as it is a cheaper option and made of a material that does not contaminate the water. It boils the water quickly and fast, perfect for making a cup of French Press coffee.
The bad thing about this kettle is that there are not many options available for temperature control; you can only boil the water in it in this kettle. There is no temperature indicator, and it has no keep warm function. But in this price range, no doubt it’s the best electric kettle.
6. COSORI Speed-Boil | Best Glass Kettle For French Press
COSORI’s Speed-Boil Electric Kettle is a fantastic addition to any kitchen or office. Boil water in just a few minutes with this elegant and stylish product.
|Dimensions||7.3 x 9 x 11.7 inches|
- Cosori speed boil electric kettle is made of special borosilicate glass, which keeps your water warm and fresh.
- This kettle boils the water in minutes and automatically turns off after 30 seconds of boiling water.
- This electric kettle is completely dishwasher safe and very easy to clean because of the large opening.
- It features a non-drip spout and insulated non-slip handle for easy pouring of water.
- This kettle has a special LED blue light that illuminates when the water is boiling.
The customers are pleased with this kettle as it’s made of completely BPA-free material, which keeps the water fresh and safe. This is a very cheap kettle and has a very elegant design.
You can’t control the temperature in this kettle also, but it’s justified in this price range.
Want to keep your French Press hot for longer? Read a review of the best stainless steel Insulated French Press coffee maker
What to look for while buying an electric kettle for French Press
So here are a few factors you should look for while buying a perfect electric kettle for your home or office for brewing a perfect cup of French Press coffee.
It is always a good idea to check the material of the electric kettle before buying it. You should not buy anything that contains cheap plastic, since plastic is dangerous when coming into contact with hot water.
Borosilicate glass and stainless steel are completely fine for health and keep the water fresh.
All the kettles reviewed above are entirely free of BPA material, and you can buy a kettle of your choice without any doubt.
When buying a kettle, it is important to consider its capacity. You should consider a kettle with more than 1.5 liters if you’re going to make more than 4-5 cups of coffee.
It is fine to buy a kettle with 0.6-0.8 liters if you are buying it for personal use only.
When buying electric kettles, it is recommended to take power usage into consideration. A good electric kettle must have an auto-shut-off feature, which turns it off automatically once the water reaches the desired temperature.
This feature not only helps you to save electricity but also protects the electric kettle from getting damaged.
All the kettles mentioned above have auto shut-off features, and the power usage of all the kettles is in the range of 1200 to 1500 watts.
It’s the most obvious factor among all as everyone considers the price of an item before buying it.
If you are looking for a cheap electric kettle, then a borosilicate glass electric kettle is the best one.
But if you can handle slightly higher prices, you must buy Cuisinart CPK-17 or Cosori gooseneck kettles as their features completely justify the price.
If you are also looking for a French Press coffee. Check out our guide on What to look for in French press
Final Thoughts on Best Kettle for French Press
Electric kettle is the best way to heat the water for brewing French Press coffee. They are portable, quick, and energy efficient.
Cuisinart CPK 17 is the best choice among all as it has six pre-programmed temperatures and is extremely easy to use.
How do you use an electric kettle for making french press coffee?
Many kettles have a temperature setting for French Press coffee in the range of 195 to 205 degrees.
So, if your kettle has this feature; it’s best. Just press the button and the water will be ready for brewing a perfect cup of French Press coffee in a few minutes.
If your kettle doesn’t have temperature settings, just boil the water in the kettle and wait for a little so that the temperature of the water drops to the ideal temperature and then you can brew your coffee.
Is boiling water too hot for the French press?
Yes, boiling water is too hot for French Press coffee. The temperature of boiling water is 212 degrees which is certainly higher than the ideal temperature (195-205) for making coffee.
I am Johny Morrisson! Founder of CoffeeAbout
My love for coffee dates back to my childhood. I love trying out different coffee machines and recipes.
As a coffee enthusiast, I decided to start my blog last year to provide users with useful information on brewing methods.
During this journey, I have discovered many new things and facts about coffee that I will share with you here.