If you are a coffee lover, you might have your favourite coffee mug, which you always use to drink your coffee. You never use any other mug because the coffee tastes different in your favourite mug.
But over time, you notice disgusting rings of coffee stains inside of your mug. And whenever you are taking the last sips of your coffee, you see these annoying stains. These stains are so stubborn that no matter how hard you try to clean these stains, you always end up failing.
Don’t worry! It is not only your problem. It happens to everyone who loves tea or coffee. This article will help you to get rid of these coffee mug stains once and forever.
The strength of these stains depends on the colour of your mug; white-coloured mugs are more prone to these stains, it also depends on the material of the mug, and it also depends on the time you give to the remains of coffee before cleaning it.
Few Techniques To Get Rid Of Coffee Stains
1)Use Dishwashing soap
If you have a good habit of washing your coffee mug right after drinking the coffee, then there is no chance that these stains will develop. Cleaning the mug with dishwashing soap should always be your priority, but it doesn’t always work.
Because you don’t always wash your coffee mug right after drinking the coffee, these stains become more stubborn as time passes.
These stains need time to grow, and they become strongest when the remains of the coffee in your mug get cold. After these stains become strong, cleaning them simply with dishwashing soap will be tough. Now you will need advanced methods to do away with these stains.
Removing the coffee and tea stains with the help of baking soda is the most efficient and most accessible way, as everyone already has baking soda in their kitchen. You must follow the below-mentioned steps to clean the stains
- Pour about one tablespoon of baking soda powder into the mug.
- Then, add some amount of mildly warm water to make the paste.
- Then clean the stains by gently rubbing the bottom of the mug with the help of your fingertips
- Baking soda is mildly abrasive and will gently scratch off the stains from the bottom of the mug.
Vinegar can also be used to get rid of the stains of coffee. Vinegar is an acidic liquid and can be very useful to deal with stubborn stains. Steps to clean the coffee mug with vinegar are mentioned below
- · Fill the mug through halfway with vinegar and add boiling water to the rest of the cup.
- · Leave the cup for 10 to 15 minutes and let the chemistry do its work.
- · Now empty the mug, scrub it with the sponge and dishwashing soap, and then rinse it with the water.
Also Read: Where do Coffee beans come from?
How to Avoid Coffee mug stains?
No matter how hard you try to avoid the coffee stains, you will always find them at the bottom of your mug after every few days because of the porous ceramic material of your mug. The below-mentioned techniques will help you keep your mug away from stains for as long as possible.
1)Use Filtered Water
Tap water is usually hard water that contains calcium and magnesium salts. These salts bond with coffee and make brownish stains that stick to the mug’s ceramic material.
So, it is recommended to use filtered water for making coffee as it contains fewer salts. It is best to use boiled water to make coffee. It will make your coffee more hygienic and tastier.
2)Wash the mug as soon as possible
Leaving the coffee mug dirty to clean it later in the day is not a good practice. It will make the coffee stains grow more robust, and your kitchen will also look messy.
So please don’t be lazy and clean your mug as soon as you finish the drink because the stains form more complex bonds with the coffee mug and will become very difficult to remove as it cools down.
If you don’t want to wash the mug, at least fill it with water so the remaining coffee gets diluted and it will not form too many hard stains.
Also Read: What is Misto Coffee
Other tips to get rid of coffee stains on your mug
- You can use denture tablets to clean your coffee mug. Denture tablets are used basically to clean the teeth and keep them white; these tablets will do the same with your coffee mug and remove all the disgusting stains.
- If your favorite coffee mug is too tall that you can’t clean it by using your finger, you can buy a bottle brush that will help you reach the bottom of the mug and clean it more appropriately.
- Always apply the techniques mentioned above to get rid of coffee stains. Don’t ever use too much abrasive material to clean stubborn coffee stains because that will damage the surface of your mug.
1- Does Vinegar remove Coffee stains?
Vinegar is very beneficial in removing the stains of coffee from anywhere. You can clean the stains of coffee from your cup, clothes, or carpet easily with the help of vinegar.
2-Are Coffee stains permanent?
No, luckily, coffee stains are not permanent. You can easily remove the stains of coffee by applying the methods written in this article.
I am Johny Morrisson! Founder of CoffeeAbout
My love for coffee dates back to my childhood. I love trying out different coffee machines and recipes.
As a coffee enthusiast, I decided to start my blog last year to provide users with useful information on brewing methods.
During this journey, I have discovered many new things and facts about coffee that I will share with you here.